Sunday, November 23, 2008

 

Cleaing up Halloween

Cally e-mailed me last week and said I had to do a new post or she was going to stop reading my blog, so here I am! I am sure you all guessed, do to the lack of Halloween posts, that there was no Halloween party this year. Christopher keeps us busy! One of these years he will be old enough to help! This year at my new job I was allowed to bring in as much stuff as I wanted. I am not sure if they knew what they were getting themselves into! I think I controlled myself pretty well though. We ended up making tombstones for the floor. I think we ended up with 17. I went and got the blue styrofoam insulation and cut the shapes out. A few of my coworkers picked out fun names (some CS related, some not). We glued on the letters and then I painted them. I think they turned out fairly well. This was the first time I had ever made tombstones. I think if I were to make them for my own personal use I would use thicker insulation so they would look more realistic. We put them around the office and I scattered some silk fall leaves around each one. I ended up finding a cemetary sign that I had bought years ago and never used. That worked well at the entrance to our office. I brought in all the skulls and bones I have and put those around along with the spiders and insects I have collected through out the years. I think it looked pretty good! The thursday before Halloween we had a big Halloween luncheon complete with the Ham Head, radish eyeballs, etc. I even made little name cards to go along with each item. Salsa in vel.veeta is so much more fun if it is called Vampire Vomit! Today I am back in the office packing everything away.

Comments:
Oh! The ham head! I miss the ham head...
 
Glad to see you're blogging. I like hearing about your Halloween obsession and the baby.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
hit Counter